Wednesday 6 October 2010

Getting Packed For Dublin. Finished Self Portrait. Very Busy

www.antoniarolls.co.uk for my website
www.jesusonthetube.co.uk for my other website
www.antoniarolls.co.uk  for an account of an Artist and Mother in Bognor Regis

Paintings Go To Dublin This Weekend

So I am very busy packing and sorting and labelling.  Over this weekend, the Hosts of the A Graceful Death in Dublin are coming over in a large car to collect the paintings and take them back to Dublin.  They do this out of the kindness of their very large hearts, and it is a huge relief and help that they have offered to do this.  But I have to have all the paintings ready and wrapped and labelled etc.  The exhibition always runs with a small Jesus On The Tube exhibition and an Every Day Angel exhibition.  I have found that showing other light hearted works balances the AGD well.  
The Self Portrait now has a chair in it for me to sit on.  Have a look, there are earrings, my ring and longer hair -


This painting is about being out-the-other-end but still real.  I hope to paint others in stages of their journey too.  It is a large painting, to compliment the "I'm Not Going Anywhere" portrait of Steve when he had just received his diagnosis of cancer - Steve will be at the beginning of the exhibition and I will be at the end.

This will be a very new experience in Dublin.  The exhibition is not open to the general public, it will be invitation only.  If however, you are interested in coming, contact me and leave your details and I will get back to you.  The exhibition runs from Thursday 21 October till Monday 25 October.  It will be the first time I have exhibited this AGD outside the UK.  

There are so many different ways this exhibition could develop.  It is full of potential, it is about Us, Our story, yours and mine.  I am aware of so much unacknowledged need to talk about what happened to us, to our loved ones, to our lives when we lost someone.  I want to capture something of that experience in paint and keep it for everyone to see.  I want to make it visible, even if all I do is represent with no frills, the reality of the body as it dies.  The look in our eyes as we make the journey after the death of someone, into the rest of our lives.  

The A Graceful Death will be travelling next year.  In February it will go to St Nicholas Church, Burnham, Manchester and in November it goes to St Martin in the Bullring in Birmingham. In between, I want to take it to Edinburgh and there is now an offer to take it to Yorkshire, to a teeny and wonderful stately home there.  

If you are interested, leave a message on this blog with your email and I will get back to you.  Onwards and Upwards, got to get packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment