Monday 28 September 2009

Painting Myself Today

In my other blog, http://www.antoniarolls.blogspot.com/, I say today that I am without inspiration.

Often this is true, and the way forward is to just Keep Doing Something. Today I am painting for the triptych where I am sitting with an empty chair. I am happy enough today to do this, it helps to have a plan drawn up on a day when I could think clearly. Or at all. So I am not terribly involved in the painting. I know what I am doing, I know why I am doing it, it makes symbolic sense, but I am simply creating it today. It feels a relief.

I did my stick man diptych, and it looks very much like 2 stick men. Don't know what to make of it, but I will put it into the exhibition. See what you all say.

Below is Steve and me going off into the future together. I think it is interesting that I painted us pulling away, especially Steve. I didn't intend it. Steve kept this in his room at the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment