Thursday 28 January 2010

All Going Well

www.antoniarolls.blogspot.com for an account of being an Artist and Mother in Bognor Regis
www.antoniarolls.co.uk for my website
antonia.rolls1@btinternet.com to email me

All Going Well

Though very slowly it seems. I am sending out invites today, and will come up to London to do some personal visits to various places next week. I am always nervous of doing this, it is not easy to ask people to look at your own paintings.

I am looking forward to the whole thing. I have many friends and contacts in London, and I am hoping they will all come and will give me feedback too, on the paintings and the ideas behind the paintings.

The exhibition in December was a very important first step in asking for the conversation on How We Die to begin. I have only, so far, one story. Some people have many, some people lose friends, family members, children and even pets, and I can't imagine how they cope. I spent two years painting Steve, two years going over and over and over his last few weeks, days and day. I am in a much better frame of mind now, and am able to get on with life again. Steve will never go, but he is with me alongside my life now that includes a new partner for me, who is very supportive and deeply understanding of the whole A Graceful Death exhibition.

More when I have painted Mr Hiram Burnett. He is the new painting in the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment